Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mitch Easter - More Rare Tracks

Below is a second volume of Mitch Easter rare tracks . I'm very happy to say that these were gathered from (or suggested by) comments about the previous Mitch Easter Rare Track compilation posted in July. I had lots of suggestions about tracks I had missed.

A number of readers posted their own compilations and now that some of these links are dead I have compiled them together. This group of tracks are primarily studio tracks and are the first of three posts. I'll post the other two compilations of live tracks in weeks to come.

For me this is really the point of this blog. Thanks to everyone for their contribution. I really appreciate it!

  1. Gimme Gimme Good Lovin (From "Right to Chews" Bubblegum Compilation - Dean Suggested)
  2. Sudden Crown Drop (1999 Alternate Version - Posted by Anon)
  3. Kizza Me (From "Not The Singers But The Songs" A Tribute To Alex Chilton - Posted by Anon)
  4. Chalk Outline (Unreleased Songs From Mountain Stage - Posted by Anon)
  5. Nature (Unreleased Songs From Mountain Stage - Posted by Anon)
  6. Jane (Dead End) (Unreleased Songs From Mountain Stage - Posted by Anon)
  7. Decline and Fall (Sneakers Remix)
  8. Invisible Hills (Unreleased Bonus Track by Let's Active)
  9. Sweepstakes Winner (Alternate Version - Bonus Track by Let's Active)
  10. Horizon (Alternate Version - Bonus Track by Let's Active)
  11. Bad Machinery (Alternate Version - Bonus Track by Let's Active)
  12. A Room With A View (Alternate Version - From Mondo Montage by Let's Active, Fantom clarified)
  13. Prying Eyes (From Shake to Date, Correctly labeled this time - Requested by Jim, Fantom clarified)
  14. Law Averages (From Shake to Date - Requested by Jim, Fantom clarified)
  15. Dirty Reasons (Posted by Fantom)
  16. We Do What If (Posted by Fantom)
  17. Premonition (Posted by Fantom)
  18. I'm Sorry (Posted by Fantom)

17 comments:

jay strange said...

this and the previous lets active post are i got to say blogging at its finest...fantastic

Haper said...

Thanks Jay! As I said in the post - finding rare hard to find tracks from these artists is why I maintain this blog.

You've helped on a similar Jason Falkner discussion. I'm working on a another Jason project and have recently received some great tracks.

Have you heard the Jason track "Beating of a Heart"? What a great track! Have you collected any new rare Jason recently? (besides the new album streaming on Myspace - Thanks again for that, and for your great blog).

Haper

fantom said...

Thanks for putting all that together, Harper. One possible correction, I think for that 'Room With A View' you mean from 'Mondo Montage' rather than "Luxury Condos', which while an excellent comp, didn't feature Let's Active...

fantom said...

Meant to add that especially appreciate the Mountain Stage post as I've got an awful tape of that performance (with Marshall Crenshaw) I recorded off the radio with frequent interference.

Haper said...

Fantom,

Correct again. Thanks for paying attention on the Mondo Montage track. Fixed!

...now does anyone have the acoustic radio performance by Peter Holshapple from Melborne?

fantom said...

I do... Get confused but thought I posted earlier - can repost if needed. (Also just finishing digitizing dB's radio performance from 12/78).

Haper said...

I would appreciate posting that Holsapple performance again. Sorry if I missed it the first time. Also would love to hear the DB's concert when you are ready.

Haper

fantom said...

Holsapple Melbourne show at http://www.zshare.net/download/5353969489cac3b0/.

dB's to come shortly....

Haper said...

Fantom,

Thanks very much for the Peter Holsapple radio show. Have you posted this before? Would you like to write a guest post for the Holsapple radio show on this blog?

Haper

fantom said...

Hi Haper. I've only posted it in this kinda fashion (as a blog comment, just didn't recall if it was your blog). While I am fairly long in Holsappology, don't really know much about the Melbourne session (I don't have the original tape and ain't much on the web about it).... Get you that dB's link shortly.

fantom said...

One other thing... I've got the original Sneakers compilation CD (Racket). If anybody has the latest reissue of the Sneakers disc (Nonsequitur of Silence), I'd be grateful for the 'extra' tracks.

fantom said...

Oh, and this is that Mountain Stage perfomance: http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=279635

fantom said...

dB's, here you go. Photo is appropriately of the final dB's lineup, which had formed shortly before the gig. Track order though is likely bit off, but only alternate order I've found on web is definitely not right either. I've cut out good bit of the radio chatter as found the host annoying.

http://www.zshare.net/download/65308148c56f9b36/

jay strange said...

harper nothing new falkner wise but i have got some rare old tracks you should email me and we can compare what we have

Jobe said...

Great site for the Power Pop lover in me

sprattle said...

Haper,

Wow, just discovered these Mitch compilations. Fantastic! Thank you for all the digging you've done to put these together. It's an excellent illustration of how criminally underrated Mitch is as a performer.

The post mentions plans to put together some live tracks. Is that project still happening? I'm dying to get my hands on that Let's Active radio broadcast from the '80s, but can't find it anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Vermont... Thank you for ALL the Mitch Easter you have shared with us.