However, I'm still craving that complete dB's experience, so I put together a CD of some tracks that have dribbled out during the last few years. A couple of these come from the dB's web site. Two are ripped from a limited edition vinyl 45 that came out on this year's Record Store Day. The two tracks from that 45, "Picture Book" and "Write Back" are probably extracted from the new album release expected this summer. A couple of other tracks were harvested from Peter's posting on "Measure for Measure" a series on the New York Times website on songwriting. I'd recommend reading Peter's posts if you haven't got there yet. Finally I've included a couple of tracks from Peter's Myspace page. These are some pretty rough versions. If anyone has better copies of these (or any other dB's rarities) please let me know.
Enjoy this taster. Looking forward to the real album. Hope we don't have to wait another five years
- World to Cry - 2005 track from dB's web site - what a great song!
- Write Back - Will Rigby track from 2011 Record Store Day
Collectors 45 vinyl
- Diggin’ In - From Peter Holsapple Myspace site
- Picture Sleeve - Chris Stamey track from 2011 Record Store Day Collectors 45 vinyl
- What Becomes of the Broken Hearted - Cover of Jimmy Ruffin Track from 2005 benefit for New Orleans Musicians Relief Fund after Hurricane Katrina
- Hollywood Waltz - Outtake from Stamey Holsapple Mavericks released on 2008 reissue.
- Jennie Goes to High School - From Peter Holsapple Myspace site
- All Talk (Demo) - Demo from Peter's 2008 "Measure for Measure" New York Time series
- Rain Around Here - Outtake from Sound of Music released on dB's web site
- Meet Me in the Middle (Demo) – Outtake from Peter's "Out of My Way" album
- Lay it On the Line - Track from Radio Free Song Club not issued on Peter's recent CD
- Molly Says (Demo) - Demo for Sound of Music Track
- All Talk - from Peter's 2008 "Measure for Measure" New York Times series